Our Earth, Our Future
Protecting the environment
Because we care about the beautiful place we live and work in, we have brought in these measures:
- No plastic straws
- No single PCU’s on our boats
- No smoking policy on our public cruise to the Māori Rock Carvings
- We recycle
- We use enviro-friendly cleaning products
- We use the right channels to dispose of greywater
- Our lunches are bio-wrapped
- Our rubbish is taken out of the environment on guided trips
- We are working towards becoming paperless
- We are working towards eliminating single serve plastics
- Our carbon footprint programme gives guests an opportunity to give back
- Our guides educate all guests on how to care for our environment
Protecting our community
The people that make up the thriving community of Taupō are very important to us.
- We regularly donate to local schools and charities to help with fundraising
- Our education programme offers heavily discounted tickets to all schools & ECE’s to get out on the Lake, inspiring the future generations to look after Lake Taupō.
- We educate you about the region with authentic Māori cultural and environmental information.
- We partner with Te Puni Kōkiri to offer cadetships for rangatahi as a springboard into Māori tourism careers
- We offer gateway college students opportunities to experience the tourism industry
- We partner with Service IQ to offer free education upskilling to all of our staff
Unparalleled hospitality / manaakitanga
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make.
We respect and care for each and every client, hold the highest level of professionalism and integrity in all interactions, and deliver with smiles, enthusiasm, knowledge, fun and passion.
Nothing is a problem at Chris Jolly Outdoors and we will go above and beyond to exceed expectations every time.
We are family / whakawhanaungatanga
We are all in this together.
We were founded on family values and strive to continue to nurture a sense of family / whanau in all aspects of our business – providing everyone with a sense of belonging.
We embrace our visitors as family / whanau and invite them to connect with us and our natural environment in a meaningful way that extends well beyond their very first experience.
Company wins are our wins and we celebrate together.
We love what we do / aroha
We live and breathe our natural environment.
We have a natural taste for the Kiwi outdoors and pride ourselves on our unequalled knowledge, expertise and safety rating in providing experiences of a lifetime in our surrounding environment.
Our passion and love for the outdoors enables us to deliver truly authentic experiences that connect people with place.
We are resilient and innovative / aumangea
We have a “never give up” mentality and adapt to any obstacles that come our way.
We are agile, always seeking new ways to continuously improve our performance.
We are proactive and not reactive.
Legacy / tiaki
We are guardians for the environment and community in which we operate – protecting our home for generations to come.
We care for our people and place. Providing pathways for our customers and children / tamariki to connect with the outdoors and share in our collective knowledge in how to preserve our natural treasures / taonga.
We strive to positively contribute to our local economy and community – honouring the legacy on which we are founded, whilst inspiring a new generation of guardians / kaitiaki.