Our Earth, Our Future
Protecting the environment
Because we care about the beautiful place we live and work in, we have brought in these measures:
- No plastic straws
- No single PCU’s on our boats
- No smoking policy on our public cruise to the Māori Rock Carvings
- We recycle
- We use enviro-friendly cleaning products
- We use the right channels to dispose of greywater
- Our lunches are bio-wrapped
- Our rubbish is taken out of the environment on guided trips
- We are working towards becoming paperless
- We are working towards eliminating single serve plastics
- Our carbon footprint programme gives guests an opportunity to give back
- Our guides educate all guests on how to care for our environment
Protecting our community
The people that make up the thriving community of Taupō are very important to us.
- We regularly donate to local schools and charities to help with fundraising
- Our education programme offers heavily discounted tickets to all schools & ECE’s to get out on the Lake, inspiring the future generations to look after Lake Taupō.
- We educate you about the region with authentic Māori cultural and environmental information.
- We partner with Te Puni Kōkiri to offer cadetships for rangatahi as a springboard into Māori tourism careers
- We offer gateway college students opportunities to experience the tourism industry
- We partner with Service IQ to offer free education upskilling to all of our staff
Whanaungatanga: It involves caring for and working harmoniously with others to achieve common goals.
Kaitiakitanga: Responsible environmental management and sustainable enterprise. It includes taking care of assets for future generations.
Manaakitanga: Hospitality, generosity, care, and giving