Let Chris Jolly Outdoors create a tailored corporate function experience for you and your team. Escape with one of our nature-based activities such as mountain biking or guided fly fishing, or charter one of our 5 boats and take the boardroom out on the water. The choice is yours, we’ll handle the logistics. Expect privacy, exclusivity and above all a positive memorable experience. Why Chriss Jolly Outdoors? Easy, we know how to get your team cranking.
Employees from Fisher & Paykel, BNZ, Bayleys Real Estate, Tenon, Miraka, Hollywood movies, trust boards and thousands of companies have all bonded under the Chris Jolly Outdoors umbrella. Why? We know how to get your team cranking. On the water, we have four private boats and on land, we have access to exclusive bush retreats. Perfect options for any corporate event. Need a secret rendezvous to discuss strategy? Get out of town with us here at Chris Jolly Outdoors.
We partner with all major Taupo hotels to provide off-site activities, team building exercises and functions to ensure your event in the Central Plateau region is a success.
Most importantly, we understand that as a business you have specific budgets and outcomes. Let us work with you to create a superior corporate event for your staff.
Take Your Team Mountain Biking:
Our guided biking tours can cater to the adventure thrill chasers and the more leisurely pleasure-seeking holidaymakers. From alpine Aotearoa expert level trails to the gentle great lake walkway, Chris Jolly Outdoors is happy to accommodate the needs of your team on your nature escape. Who said your boardroom needed to be immovable? Discuss team meetings on the ride, let nature be your boardroom.
Kinloch to Kawakawa Walk
Starting in Kinloch, it is a relatively easy 10-kilometre walk through a native fern track overlooking Lake Taupō. Arriving at Kawakawa Bay itself is a near semi-circle of water on Lake Taupō with a narrow shore of grass and a stony beach. The whole walk takes about three hours.
Simon Jolly from Chris Jolly Outdoors will be waiting to take you out onto the water past the carvings at Mine Bay ad back to the main centre of Taupo.
Our Corporate Function Activity Options
Chris Jolly Outdoors can cater to all your corporate group needs – we have packages to suit your objectives and budget. With our fleet of five fully equipped boats, we can entertain groups as small as 2 and as large as 140. We can tailor events to your budget, from catered to overnight considerations. All boats have professional sound systems and the ability to create a meeting space. Our Charter boats The Cruise Cat & Supercat both have Free Wifi aboard
- Themed party charter boats are available, need some ideas?under the sea? 70’s disco?
- Wilderness hike to our bush boardroom with accommodation and catering
- Group biking activities, alpine and lakes edge
- Swim & Cruise, onboard fishing and catering available
The Chris Jolly Cruise Cat is a luxurious 52 ft Catamaran boat available to charter for use on Lake Taupo in New Zealand. Perfect for both corporate conferencing and events, with a spacious capacity of 90 people. The best charter boat available in Lake Taupo (in our opinion) is able to host varied events, with a fully licenced and stocked bar, dance floor and professional sound system. If you haven’t been out on this boat, you haven’t experienced the best Lake Taupō has to offer. We’ve served some of the biggest offsite conference entertainment evenings in the region, so we understand exactly what it takes to pull off a stunning event on the water.
Take Your Team Fly Fishing:
Open all year round, Taupo’s fisheries include:
- Local rivers and streams (river headwaters may be closed between May and late October)
- The main lake Taupo (616 kilometres squared)
- Backcountry rivers open from December 1st till the end of April
The rivers and streams consist of small pebbly and sandy bottoms through to larger, heavy flowing river waters. These can be found anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes out of Taupo central business district. The trout species are rainbow and brown trout with an average weight of 1-2 kilos, with larger trophy trout up for grabs to the lucky few each season. Escape with your team today.
Let loose, let yourself take a chance on a journey full of wonder and adventure click here to make it happen.
Reliable and Experienced
After forty years in the industry, spending time with the team at Chris Jolly Outdoors is like coming home to someone you can trust
- We’re a family just like you, headed by Simon Jolly with a number of the Jolly clan still working within the team
- We’re a bunch of fishing, hiking, boating, biking, bush experts with experienced staff who can teach you a lot about the Taupo region.
- Our Fly fishing guides are Orvis endorsed, a globally recognised mark of excellence
- Gold Qualmark rated (5 star rating NZ)
- Specialists in corporate, entertainment and bespoke itineraries in Taupō’s Outdoors.
- Partners with Ngāti Tūwharetoa (TMGH) with a focus on growing Māori Tourism for Taupō
- Proud conservationists with the future of our stunning Lake Taupo forefront in our minds
An Exceptionally Unique Team
As the trusted activity partner for things to do in Taupō for forty years, Chris Jolly Outdoors will take care of you during your stay here. From absolute relaxation, and fishing crystal pools to exciting hikes in the wilderness; we are the go-to guides to tick off that bucket list.
In Taupō, the possibilities are truly endless. But one thing is certain; we will create a memorable experience for you that you’ll treasure forever. Put yourself in the picture with us, book with us today.
What We Offer
- Five private charter boats for small or large functions up to 140 pax with full catering/bar/fishing equipment and an exclusive personal crew
- Access to private land, water and know-how of local’s secret spaces
- Experts in the outdoors – fly fishing, hiking, biking, hunting and cruising
- Corporate events & team building
- Venue hire on the water – whatever it is, from Nana Beryl’s 80th to your Christmas party, we can make it happen, leave the logistics to us
Do you cater to all dietary requirements?
Do you have team building?
How long has Chris Jolly Outdoors been around?
Do you do any kind of corporate team building?
Is jumping into the lake allowed off the boat?