Heli Transfer Guided Fly Fishing Full-Day
The ultimate fly fishing experience, complete with helicopter transfers and Rainbow Trophy Trout photo opportunities. Take a trip through untouched streams and untouched waters, and put your angling skills to the test in the best fly fishing arena New Zealand has to offer.Enquire Now
The Best Fly Fishing You’ll Ever Experience A True Angling Adventure
Fly fishing can be a challenging and rewarding sport, but it’s not always easy to find the right guide or get access to prime locations. Not only is Chris Jolly Outdoors one of the most experienced fly fishing outfitters in New Zealand, but we also offer exclusive helicopter transfers that will take you to some of the country’s best fly fishing spots. Our full-day guided fly fishing trips are perfect for anglers who want to catch fish on beautiful, unspoiled rivers. We’ll provide everything you need, from top-of-the-line gear to expert instruction.
New Zealand Heli Fly Fishing for experienced anglers.
Experienced angler looking for an unforgettable fishing trip? New Zealand is renowned the world over for its fly fishing, and with good reason – its vast rivers and streams are home to some of the best trout fishing in the world. With our orvis endorsed experienced guides on hand, you’re sure to experience some of the best fishing of your life. Come and join us for an unforgettable fly-fishing adventure in New Zealand – you won’t regret it!
Fly Fishing Gear Recommendations:
In Summer we recommend wearing:
- Rubber-soled boots, with plastic studs if possible.
- Light layers, a fleece/light jersey in case of a bit of breeze in the shade.
In Winter we recommend wearing
- Thermal layers, preferably wool-based
- A winter hat and gloves.
- We provide outerwear but you are welcome to bring your own gear if you have it.
We will provide for your Fly Fishing Experience:
- Use of Orvis approved rods, reels, waders, boots and jackets (if needed).
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation to the fishing grounds
- Helicopter transport to the Fly Fishing Locations
- Full day guiding includes lunch, snacks and refreshments (please advise in advance of dietary requirements)
- All necessary fishing licences, flies and leaders for you to bag your trophy!
- 8 hours including travel time fly fishing in the Tongariro River of Taupō New Zealand
- Orvis endorsed fishing guides
- Fish remote and accessible wilderness streams and rivers
- Highly photographable scenic Flight tours in between locations
- Trophy Rainbow and Brown Trout depending on your catch
- Multi-day tours are available with dinner breakfast and overnight accommodation.
Visiting New Zealand to go Fly Fishing? Helpful tips and facts:
- Your guides are English speaking
- There is no dangerous game in NZ
- No poisonous insects or snakes or spiders (no snakes at all)
- Rivers are Fly Fishing only
- You’ll always receive the best Kiwi Hospitality!
About the Taupō New Zealand Fly Fishing Season
Open all year round, Taupō’s fisheries include:
- Local rivers and streams (river headwaters may be closed between May and late October)
- The main lake Taupō (616 kilometres squared)
- Backcountry rivers open from December 1st till the end of April
The rivers and streams consist of small pebbly and sandy bottoms through to larger, heavy flowing river waters. These can be found anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes out of Taupō’s central business district. The trout species are rainbow and brown trout with an average weight of 1-2 kilos, with larger trophy trout up for grabs to the lucky few each season.
We use the best quality equipment
If you’re looking for the best quality Helicopter fly fishing experience, look no further than Chris Jolly Outdoors. We only use the best equipment to make sure our clients have a great time fly fishing in New Zealand. Our guides are experienced and knowledgeable, and we’re proud to be Orvis Endorsed. You won’t find a better quality fly fishing experience anywhere else. fly fishing can be an incredible experience especially when you are deep in the back country, and we want to make sure you have the best possible time while you’re with us. That’s why we only use the best quality equipment. You won’t find a better rod, reel, wader, or boot out there – we promise you that.
Tailor-made Heli Transfer Trips for the Individual Angler
At Chris Jolly Outdoors, we tailor make each fly fishing experience for the angler, We offer helicopter transfers to some of the best trout fishing in New Zealand. Our expert fly fishing guides will ensure you have a full day of world-class fly fishing. Experience Heli Transfer fly fishing like never before. We guarantee an unforgettable experience tailored just for you.
Do I need a license to go fly fishing in New Zealand?
What should I wear for fly fishing in New Zealand?
Why do we only use the best quality equipment at Chris Jolly Outdoors?
Can I bring my own equipment?
How much experience do I need to go fly fishing in Taupo?
What is the maximum group size?