Let Chris Jolly Outdoor’s veritable plethora of adventure-filled activities be the catalyst your team needs to put them over the edge of that productivity cliff into creative free fall. Solidify their strength as a cohesive unit with our tailored team bonding activities. Escape with them from the hustle and bustle of everyday office life, reward their efforts with a memorable adventure, and discover and explore together with Chris Jolly Outdoors.
What can my incentive package include?
- A completely flexible itinerary of all the Chris Jolly Outdoors for your team’s escape, hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, boating rafting and even on boat clay bird shooting.
- A choice of five boats to charter privately.
- Catering options
- Accommodation options
- Half, single or multi-day trips
- Heli transfers
The Owhaoko Cabin, Te Whare Ruruhau Experience
Take your team and escape from city life and stay in our mountain cabin Te Whare Ruruhau which translated from Maori means, a place of shelter, refuge, and protection). Our Te Whare Ruruhau cabin is located in Owhaoko, a series of rugged ranges in New Zealand’s Central Plateau and can sleep 4. Our can escape is so exclusive, private and secluded that it is only accessible by helicopter. Enjoy the scenic wilderness, and gaze at a vista as untouched as our modern world allows. Your escape awaits.
The Heli Fly Fishing Experience
Central North Island harbours world-class fly fishing waters. We are Orvis endorsed for excellence, let our Orvis endorsed fly fishing guides take you on a Chris Jolly premiere fly fishing heli adventure in an unforgettable journey through the best trout fishing NZ has to offer in Lake Taupō and surrounds. The biggest lake in the southern hemisphere has world-class brown and rainbow trout for the taking. Benefit from years of experience with your own expert guide, as you traverse pristine rivers to take home your prize. You need this experience. From full-day tours through to multi-day adventures we can accommodate various angler experience levels, though bear in mind this is not a novice level trip.
The Cruise Cat Lake Taupō Scenic Boating Experience
Enjoy our Daily Scenic Cruise to the Maori Carvings on Lake Taupō . Get up close and personal to the Ngātoroirangi Māori carvings, and appreciate the culture and craftsmanship in a relaxed setting. Take a stunning tour of Lake Taupō ‘s bays as you cruise along the coastline. The journey is 90 minutes with an extended viewing time and educational commentary of both the region, history and cultural significance of the carvings themselves.
Kinlock to KawaKawa Walk
Starting in Kinloch, it is a relatively easy 10-kilometre walk through a native fern track overlooking Lake Taupō. Arriving at Kawakawa Bay itself is a near semi-circle of water on Lake Taupō with a narrow shore of grass and a stony beach. The whole walk takes about three hours.
Simon Jolly from Chris Jolly Outdoors will be waiting to take you out onto the water past the carvings at Mine Bay ad back to the main centre of Taupō.
Take Your Team Mountain Biking:
Our guided biking tours can cater to the adventure thrill chasers and the more leisurely pleasure-seeking holidaymakers. From alpine Aotearoa expert level trails to the gentle great lake walkway, Chris Jolly Outdoors is happy to accommodate the needs of your team on your nature escape. Who said your boardroom needed to be immovable? Discuss team meetings on the ride, let nature be your boardroom.
Why Escape to Lake Taupō?
The Great Lake Taupō is nestled in the centre of a plentiful volcanic and geothermal oasis. Enjoy panoramic mountain and lake views, explore the nearby ranges, or journey 20 minutes south to a colour ridden desert.
The Central Plateau is an area known for its nature-based tourism and extraordinary hot pools. Chris Jolly Outdoors is proud to showcase Taupō’s range of hidden gems. Whether you want to meander through open plains or chase adrenaline, Taupō has it all, and we’re here to guide your team through it.
Let loose together and escape, take a chance on a journey full of wonder and adventure
click here to make it happen.
Reliable and Experienced
After forty years in the industry, spending time with the team at Chris Jolly Outdoors is like coming home to someone you can trust
- We’re a family just like you, headed by Simon Jolly with a number of the Jolly clan still working within the team
- We’re a bunch of fishing, hiking, boating, biking, bush experts with experienced staff who can teach you a lot about the Taupo region.
- Our Fly fishing guides are Orvis endorsed, a globally recognised mark of excellence
- Gold Qualmark rated (5 star rating NZ)
- Specialists in corporate, entertainment and bespoke itineraries in Taupō’s Outdoors.
- Partners with Ngāti Tūwharetoa (TMGH) with a focus on growing Māori Tourism for Taupō
- Proud conservationists with the future of our stunning Lake Taupo forefront in our minds
An Exceptionally Unique Team
As the trusted activity partner for things to do in Taupō for forty years, Chris Jolly Outdoors will take care of you during your stay here. From absolute relaxation, and fishing crystal pools to exciting hikes in the wilderness; we are the go-to guides to tick off that bucket list.
In Taupō, the possibilities are truly endless. But one thing is certain; we will create a memorable experience for you that you’ll treasure forever. Put yourself in the picture with us, book with us today.
What We Offer
- Five private charter boats for small or large functions up to 140 pax with full catering/bar/fishing equipment and an exclusive personal crew
- Access to private land, water and know-how of local’s secret spaces
- Experts in the outdoors – fly fishing, hiking, biking, hunting and cruising
- Corporate events & team building
- Venue hire on the water – whatever it is, from Nana Beryl’s 80th to your Christmas party, we can make it happen, leave the logistics to us
Do you cater to all dietary requirements?
Do you have team building?
Do you do any kind of corporate team building?
Is jumping into the lake allowed off the boat?