Maori Rock Carvings Cruises
Journey to the Maori Rock Carvings in comfort and style with a stunning tour of Taupo's bays. We've been looking after people like you for over 40 years, and our 90-minute tour should be on your 'top things to do in Taupo' bucket list activities.
With live commentary and spectacular viewing platforms, let us host you while you on our spacious boats. Free homemade muffin and a hot drink included in your ticket on all our scenic cruises! We offer comfortable booth seating for all ages, full amenities on board, lots of kids activities and we have two levels with viewing platforms to get you close to the carvings. Cruise Cat is large and spacious and an excellent all weather option.
Taupo, New Zealand
1.30pm SCENIC CRUISE to the Ngātoroirangi Maori Rock Carvings with live fishing demonstration
Price: From NZD$35
Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
CHECK OUT THE COMBO DEALS WE HAVE WITH LAKE TAUPO HOLE IN ONE CHALLENGE!
Chris Jolly Outdoors has been looking after you for 40 years, and with that in mind your safety and wellbeing, along with that of our staff, are foremost in our mind. Because we don't like germs either, we make sure that everything is sanitized. We are the largest boat in the Taupo harbour, which gives you the space you need to travel with peace of mind. Details of our H&S policies around Covid-19 are below**
Journey to the Ngātoroirangi Māori Rock Carvings in comfort and style with a stunning tour of the Lake Taupō bays. Our 90-minute tour on the Lake is on your list of the 'top things to do in Taupō'. Free homemade muffin and a hot drink included in your ticket! After visiting the Ngātoroirangi Māori Rock Carvings, our crew will give a trout fishing demonstration by setting some fishing lines and talking about the various fishing options allowed on Lake Taupo. You might not be aware of this but you can’t buy trout at any restaurant so the only way to taste trout is to catch it yourself (or let us catch it for you). Don’t miss the opportunity of experiencing a ‘Taste of Taupo’ so book yourself on our trip today! Here's why you should choose us:
- Our boats have spacious viewing platforms to get you close to the scenery and is suitable for all ages
- Our live commentary of the history of the region is awesome, with passionate staff to create make your day!
- Cruise Cat has comfortable booth seating, warm areas (for the chilly days) and pram, wheelchair access (confirm prior to booking)
- All amenities onboard like toilets, a bar and food options
- Suitable for large groups so you're not crammed in like sardines
- Plenty of activities to entertain the kids like colouring, driving the boat (ask the Skipper), a treasure hunt and friendly staff
- If you are travelling in a group of 12 or more, please contact us directly on 07 3780623 as we may be able to organize a bulk discount or a private charter. **
Full disinfecting and sanitizing of our vessels prior to and after every trip.
Hand sanitizing for clients when loading & departing vessel, with the provision for single-use gloves to be available should you request them.
Full contact tracing system in place.
Please respect other guests by not joining us if you have flu-like symptoms.
Daily checks to guidelines set out by MOH to ensure we are always informed on new policies and procedures.
We look forward to seeing you all soon and if you have any questions or queries in regards to COVID -19 protocols, on our scenic trips or private charters please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Team at Chris Jolly Outdoors.