Chris Jolly Outdoors
Providing unparalleled unique experiences of New Zealand's scenic great outdoors. Journey Further, Discover Lake Taupō.Enquire Now
Māori Rock Carvings
Daily Scenic Cruises to the Ngātoroirangi Maori Rock Carvings.
View Māori Rock Carvings
Chris Jolly Outdoors can cater to all your group's Outdoor entertainment needs.
View Experience Together
Step into some of the most exclusive and untouched areas of wilderness in New Zealand.
View Land Experiences
10.30 am Scenic Cruise on Lake Taupō
1.30pm Scenic Cruise On Lake Taupō
5pm Scenic Cruise On Lake Taupō
Guided Fly Fishing Full-Day
Guided Fly Fishing Half-Day
The Cruise To Plant Project
Chris Jolly Outdoors is committed to planting trees in an effort to protect and enhance Aotearoa’s natural environment.
All passengers on Chris Jolly Outdoors scenic cruises will have a dollar from their ticket price go towards the planting project with The Opepe Farm Trust.
The Chris Jolly Outdoor daily 10.30 am Scenic Cruise of Maori Carvings on Lake Taupō. Get up close and personal to the Ngātoroirangi Māori carvings, appreciate the culture and craftsmanship in a relaxed setting.
The Levante Charter Boat is a Riviera 4000 Offshore Sedan. Taker her out and enjoy the ultimate way to entertain small groups on the impressively scenic Great Lake Taupō.
Incentivize your team, take them away from the hustle and bustle of everyday office life, reward their efforts with a memorable adventure, and escape with Chris Jolly Outdoors.
The Chris Jolly Outdoors guided hike and cruise combo is a package deal that takes you on an adventure from Kinloch to Kawakawa.
Guided bike tours with our expert riding team here at Chris Jolly Outdoors are a magic way to spend time with your team, friends or loved ones on a trip away. Whether you're an adventure chaser or pleasure seeker, we've got you covered.
The ultimate fly fishing experience, complete with helicopter transfers into New Zealand's backcountry with brown and rainbow trophy trout photo opportunities. Take a trip through untouched streams and untouched waters, and put your angling skills to the test in the best fly fishing arena New Zealand has to offer.
Looking to get the most out of your fly fishing trip to New Zealand? Then look no further than our full day guided fly fishing trips in Turangi. Our internationally recognised Orvis endorsed fly fishing guides will take you to some of the most beautiful and productive trout fishing spots in the area. No matter what your level of experience, we can provide a trip that is tailored to your needs.
Is Lake Taupō fresh water or salt water?
Is Lake Taupō a volcano?
What is the Huka Falls?
Does anything dangerous live in or around Lake Taupō?
What do the smaller sculptures around the Māori carvings represent?
How big are the Ngātoroirangi rock carvings?
How old are the Māori carvings?
How long has Chris Jolly Outdoors been around?
What clothing is best for hiking, hunting, fishing or being outdoors in Taupō?
Conditions are changeable in Taupō, so it's best to be prepared! The local's joke that Taupō can have four seasons in a day!
- Hiking boots with good ankle support and grip, or other sturdy footwear
- Sun hat or warm beanie – pack one and wear the other (we lose 70% of heat through our heads alone!)
- Sunglasses – wear or pack, NZ has harsh sunlight.
- Base layer: top and leggings in polypropylene/wool, quick dry shorts or pants
- Mid layer: long-sleeved top in wool or polar fleece – wear or pack depending on the weather
- Gloves in polypropylene/wool – wear or pack, only in Winter really.
- Socks in polypropylene or wool ( a spare pair is always a good idea)
A good exterior layer:
- Wind and waterproof jacket with hood – wear or pack depending on the weather
- Waterproof overtrousers optional
I’m planning on going hiking while in Taupō, what should I bring?
- Day pack with a waterproof liner (no one likes wet clothes)
- Drink bottle – 2 litre, per day you will be out.
- Packed lunch and snacks – if you are coming on a guided hike with us here at Chris Jolly Outdoors we can cater your hike
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Personal medication, eg antihistamines, asthma medication
- Extra base layer and socks
- Rubbish bag
- Map of the area you'll be walking - if you are being guided you will not need this, we will direct you.
Emergency equipment:if you are coming on a guided hike with us here at Chris Jolly Outdoors we will make sure to have the following list on hand.
- Basic first aid kit including hand sanitiser, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Head torch/torch and spare batteries in case you take longer than intended
- Survival blanket to keep you warm in an emergency
- Whistle in case your split up or need help
- Extra high energy snack food
Can you swim in Lake Taupō?
Does it get cold in Taupō?
Where is the best fly fishing in NZ?
Are there any native birds around Taupō?
Do you have transport available?
Are any of your activities child friendly?
Can kids drive the boat?
Is jumping into the lake allowed off the boat?
What should I pack for the boat?
When were you founded?